Monday, September 1, 2008

happy labor day!

Three day weekends are fantastic. Those people in Utah have the right idea when they implemented 4 day work weeks. I feel like I got in the perfect amount of fun and relaxation that I'm actually not sad that I have to work tomorrow morning.

My weekend got off to an early start. I took Friday morning off work for an interview at UCLA. I went back to work after, but we got off at 2pm. That night I went with Scuz to a Jack Johnson concert in Irvine. Awesome concert. Excellent chicken kabob.

On Saturday, I pretty much just relaxed. At night, went to the Hollywood Bowl for a John Williams concert. He's a genius but I'm bitter that he never plays the Jurassic Park theme.

On Sunday, went shopping at the Citadel with a coworker and then did some reading. I finished Breaking Dawn which is the last book of the Twilight series. It's an excellent series, but nothing compared to Harry Potter. Speaking of Harry Potter, at night, went to Hollywood Bowl again where we listened to scores from WB movies...one of which was Harry Potter :)

And finally, Monday...today we spent the day at the Cabazon outlets where I spent way too much money. Then went to Claim Jumpers for Happy Hour. Good times.

No comments: