Monday, September 29, 2008

D.C.

Soo i just spent the weekend in our nation's capital. It was a fantastic trip and I got to explore the city. Thanks Farouk for showing me around all weekend!

Thursday: Flew in and had grabbed dinner at Pot Belly's.

Friday: Toured the White House in the morning. Really not as impressive as I thought it would be. Then went to the Museum of Natural History, brunch at Heidi's, the Archives, Ford's Theater, the house where Lincoln died, ate some pho, went to the zoo. Dinner at The Front Page where 200 ppl gathered at the bar to watch the presidential debate. Only in DC...

Saturday: All about the memorials. Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, FDR Memorial, WWII Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, Vietnam War memorial, Arlington Cementary for Kennedy's gravesite, Pentagon 9/11 Memorial,then shopping. Dinner at Thaiphoon.

Sunday: Capitol Hill to see the Capitol and the Supreme Court building. Then more shopping. Went to the Portrait Gallery and saw the Georgia O'Keeffe and Ansel Adams exhibit. Chinatown...convinced Farouk to get an iphone only just a tad too late. I expect a text from your iphone next week! Lunch at Banana Cafe. Dinner at Matchbox.

And now I am at home resting up. We did so much walking this weekend. My feet are still hurting. Pictures will be posted on facebook!

1 comment:

Bureaucrat310 said...

your last two posts have been about vacations--I want your life! Anyway, it was fun. Let me know when you decide to move here.