Saturday, September 25, 2010

The New Stuff

Nikita

Just three episodes into the season, my prediction is that Nikita is here to stay. Maggie Q has finally found herself a vehicle to show off all of her...assets. Nikita brings me back to the good old days of Alias. I love watching shows with badass chicks kicking ass and Nikita definitely delivers.

For those of you who don't know the show's premise, Maggie Q plays Nikita, a women out for revenge after the secret government agency she works for (The Division) kills her fiancee. She is now hellbent on taking The Division down and has a partner (Lyndsey Fonseca) on the inside to help her do it. The show also stars Shane West and Melinda Clarke and airs on the CW on Thursdays at 9pm.

Hellcats

So, this is another one of those guilty pleasure type shows. But then again, I think all the shows I watch are guilty pleasures. Hellcats has yet to impress me, but I'm going to keep at it hoping it gets better. For a show about competitive college cheerleading, it really needs to have witty dialogue in order to succeed...that and hot people. So far, it has neither. Aly Milchalka and Ashley Tisdale are not hot enough to keep viewers interested, but I guess that ship has sailed. So if it's not going to have ultra hotness, then they need to step up the writing. Smart dialogue and humor can save the show...so hopefully it will get better. And cast some hotter people. Take a page out of the book called Vampire Diaries. Hellcats is on the CW on Wednesday at 9pm.

The Event

There's only been one episode of the Event, and I'm already hooked. The show so far is a little impossible to explain. A plane is involved, some prisoners being held by the US Government for an unknown reason, and a woman is kidnapped from a cruise ship, and her father is the one flying the aforementioned plane into a hotel where the President of the United States is staying. The premiere episode introduced a lot of elements and provided a very good set up for the season. My only hope is that it does that it doesn't turn into another Lost, or else I will have to abandon it after 2 seasons also. The Event in on NBC Mondays at 9pm.

Hawaii Five-0

Surprisingly good. I never watched the original...it was a little before my time. Basically, it's just a typical cop show. It just takes place in Hawaii. Grace Park is pretty hot (although she needs to do something about her hair) as is Alex O'Loughlin. Having hot people is pretty much a prerequisite for a show based in Hawaii since undoubtedly there will be many scenes with people in swimsuits. The show provides good drama and keeps up the suspense with a good pace. I normally don't like CBS dramas, but I think I can definitely get on board with this one. Hawaii Five-0 is on Mondays at 10pm on CBS.

No comments: